Sunday, May 31, 2009

Hmmm

So I guess I just suck the most at updating, but tonight I feel like posting. I haven't watched a movie from the 1001 list in quiet awhile. I blame that on school and cause I'm simultaneously in love with Liev Schreiber and Jeff Bridges. I know, I'm strange, but I get into these actor phases and I just can't help myself. I've been through a Jeff Bridges phase before (in college) but after watching The Mirror Has Two Faces with my roommate's boyfriend, I fell back in love with 'The Dude.' He's just the cutest. And Liev Schreiber just blew me away in Wolverine (I know I sound like a teen-fangirl). Anyway here's a 1001 list update:
  1. Scarface came to me in September of 2007 from Netflix. Some more Paul Muni, some more high octane drama. I was very glad that I hadn't already seen the Al Pacino version of Scarface. I think this is one of the first times I had the luxury of seeing the original before seeing the remake....very fun. I shall compare and contrast once I do get to see the Al Pacino edition of Scarface.
  2. I had to track down Shanghai Express at Rocket Video. I ended up loving this movie. It had a nice love story, and fun times on a train. How can you go wrong with that?! And Marlene Dietrich was fantabulous. I wish this movie were available on DVD, I really do.
  3. Lucky for me, Freaks was on TCM one fine day. This movie gave me the heebie-jeebies. It focused on some less than savory characters in a circus 'freak show.' What was most interesting was that the most vile and unsavory characters where the ones that would be classified as "normal." They were the most despicable and most inhumane. Worth checking out.
  4. I got pretty desperate when it came to tracking down Me and My Gal. It's listed as not available on VHS or DVD, so I didn't know what to do. But then one day someone mentioned the site: ioffer, and I was lucky enough to track down this movie. To be honest though, I have yet to watch it, I think just tracking it down was the thrilling part for me, but I promise I will watch it eventually.
  5. Rocket Video pulled through for me once again with Zero for Conduct I don't remember much about this feature film, just some school boy drama, but I liked it.
I think that's enough for this edition of: Very Late Updates to my Blog, tune in next time when I blather on about more movies that I've seen almost 2 years ago! :)

No comments: